Chronic Condition Mgmt RN ~CB~
Date published: 8-Jul-2016
The RN will help members to self-manage and to modify behavior of specific chronic conditions, utilizing a collaborative process by supporting the physician or practitioner to enhance the patient relationship and plan of care.
• Assessment - The case manager will assess the member’s knowledge and understanding of the self management of chronic conditions and its severity, and the member’s motivational and self confidence related to expected behavior change in order to develop a plan that will address those needs.
• Planning - The case manager will determine specific objectives, goals and actions as identified through the assessment process. The goals are developed in collaboration with the member/authorized representative, and, if appropriate, treating physician, medical consultant, and social worker.
• Implementation - The case manager will execute specific interventions and/or education that will lead to accomplishing the goals established. This will include instruction on how to self manage his or her chronic condition and empowering members by using motivational interviewing techniques to promote self advocacy.
• Educate members about their disease process and the importance of adhering to their medication regiment.
• Coordination - The case manager will organize, integrate and utilize the resources necessary to accomplish the established goals. Identify and coordinate care and services to ensure appropriate level of care for the member based on their benefit design. The case manager may also make arrangements for DME supplies, medications, community resources and physicians.
• Monitoring - The case manager will conduct frequent monitoring calls to ensure compliance of action plan. The case manager will gather sufficient information in order to monitor the progress in meeting the established goals.
• Current Certified Diabetes Educator
• Two late nights per week until 8 pm required
• 3 years med surg acute care
• Current Valid Michigan License
• Registered Nurse with current Michigan license (required)
• Multiple state licenses (preferred)
• Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related fields (preferred)
• Two (2) to (4) years of related experience including, med surg, preventive care, diabetic education, homecare, critical care or public health.
• Two (2) years of full time equivalent of direct clinical care to consumer (required)
• Three (3) to five (5) years of health care related clinical experience (preferred)
Genpact, formerly Jawood, offers opportunities nationwide! Visit www.jawood.com to learn more.