IT Delivery Manager I
Detroit, MI, United States
Date published: 3-Mar-2017
• General Description Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of project efforts that utilize information technology solutions.
• They develop, establish and maintain project management standards and procedures.
• They are responsible for developing the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining business and information technology sponsor approvals and coordinating the resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
• Other responsibilities include the refinement of requirements, project coordination, development of plans and schedules, resource planning and estimation and project maintenance.
• Once a project is set in motion, IT Delivery Management professionals are expected to communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities.
• Furthermore, they are responsible for managing the prioritization procedures for changing scope (i.e., change management) and project acceptance procedures.
• Throughout the project lifecycle they obtain feedback to ensure that project efforts meet customer expectations for contracted time, cost and performance.
Service Integration Office Departmental Requirements:
• The ITL Senior manages Production Office's (PO) engagement on Corporate funded projects and programs from Estimating to Delivery.
• PO assures production availability of IT assets in support of our client Business Operations.
• The services range from HW/SW acquisition, packaging, platform engineering, storage maintenance, lifecycle monitoring of IT assets, data center management, hosting services, networking and voice/data management etc.
• For project/programs the ITL Senior acts as the integration point for these PO services from design through implementation.
• The ITL uses standard PO methods and processes specific to infrastructure readiness in order to deliver projects of varying size and complexity.
• The ITL also manages a group of ITLs providing project monitoring delivery guidance.
• Responsible for the management of one or more large-sized, highly complex enterprise-wide projects
• Facilitates the initiation of technical programs to ensure the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports for each project.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree in related field preferred
• 7 years of IT work experience including 4 years managing projects required
• Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
• In-depth knowledge of project management tools and methodologies