QA Analyst III
Detroit, MI, United States
Date published: 10-Jul-2018
• With general guidance and coaching, participates in developing and executing test scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing
• Develops test cases, scenarios and scripts to ensure applications quality
• Designs and develops usability testing scenarios, and administers portions of testing process
• Defines criteria for testing, analyzes results of testing sessions and presents results
• Participates in selection of testing tools and approaches
• Utilizes appropriate testing tools and testing processes on projects and assists in building test environments
• 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries (NOTE: Resumes must specify specific SQL concepts to ensure candidate is truly experienced with writing complex SQL queries.)
• 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance testing with a focus in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Testing
o QA Testing experience must be in both manual and automated testing environments, with a strong focus in both as manual testing experience is required to create the automated test cases and SQL statements. Automated testing experience should be with IBM Rational Tools.
• Extensive knowledge of data warehousing concepts, such as slowly changing dimensions (SCD), Change Data Capture (CDC), and relational and dimensional data modeling techniques.
• 5+ years of experience in data analysis, including profiling, auditing, balancing, and reconciliation, in an information technology operating environment. Candidates are expected to be able to analyze testing results to ensure accuracy when compared to requirements and to determine potential errors when expected and actual testing results to not align.
• 2+ years current experience with the following Rational Tools
o Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
o Rational ClearQuest (RCQ)
• 5+ years Oracle experience
• 3+ Years of experience with Unix
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for the purpose of creating test grids and using formulas to compare test results.
• Ability to convert requirements documents (Business Requirements, Functional and Technical Requirements) into test strategies/plans, test scenarios and test cases, including appropriate SQL scripts to execute testing cases.
• Ability to evaluate the “testability” of requirements and reports to project team member’s changes or additional information needed in requirements
• Ability to determine the types of testing that must be conducted (i.e., data validation, regression, etc.) and create a comprehensive test plan that supports the business and technological solutions being delivered
• Ability to coordinate test execution across multiple teams
• Defect tracking experience (i.e. ClearQuest or HP Service Center)
• Experience in tuning SQL queries for performance improvements
• Proficiency with the following Informatica tools
o Informatica PowerCenter 10.2
o Informatica PowerExchange 9.6.1
Soft Skills Required
• Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes while maintaining urgency in completing assigned tasks.
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Will be responsible for explaining and validating test results to peers as well as clients
• Must be able to question the work of others to ensure accuracy and be able to defend theories and methodologies used to create individual results
• Extensive creativity is required
• 2+ years of experience with Cognos (Version 8 or higher)
• General health care knowledge in any of the major subject areas listed below:
o Medical claims
o Pharmacy claims
• Knowledge of following tools/applications are a plus:
o Toad for Oracle
o Toad for Data Analysts
o MS Office Suite
• Specific experience working with the BCBSM Enterprise Data Warehouse is a plus
• Working knowledge of scheduling tools (examples below)
• Prior Mainframe experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred