Technology Consultant II
Detroit, MI, United States
Date published: 14-Sep-2018
• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is currently seeking an experienced Technology Consultant II for our Enterprise Informatics and Information Management Jefferson facility
• Qualified candidate will work directly in Cloudera and Hadoop environments providing support with Hadoop administrative activities working with all technical and project teams
Additional responsibilities include:
Essential Company Duties and Responsibilities:
• With general guidance and coaching, responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing application and system implementation projects.
• Participate in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups. Develop cost/time estimates.
• Develop the prioritization of requirements and delegation of requirements to vendor partner and BCBSM Infrastructure teams.
• Work with Architecture, and stakeholders to understand business needs for Hardware, Software to expand the capabilities of the platform/environment
• Lead the evaluation of technical requirements for projects to determine the impact to the infrastructure/environment.
• Lead, create, and collaborate with cross functional teams
• Lead the design and implementation of security solutions
• Define and ensure continuous monitoring procedures are set according to the standard procedures and requirements
• Coordinate problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provide subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problem
• Provide guidance to other team members on processes regarding Platform and Infrastructure related.
• Manage, monitor vendor processes to align with Blue Cross processes and adhere to corporate standards and policies
• Develops detailed plans and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation.
• Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule.
• Assists in establishing and improving project management methodologies, procedures and policies.
• Excellent analytical, logical reasoning, analytical organizational, verbal and written communication skills and attention to details a must. Must be able to exhibit in relation to data integration and management
• Ability to interface with Engineering teams and translate Business Requirements to Engineering tasks
• Knowledge of Databases, Middleware, Networking, Servers and related infrastructure preferred(essential)
• Understanding of Information Security for data protection, governance and security preferred
• Experience in preparation of project schedule with dependencies, milestones using appropriate tools
• Ability to track the progress and deliver the project on time, budget and schedule
• Ability to prepare status reports and dashboards for stakeholders including Leadership team
• Understanding of relational databases and data warehouse concepts. Distributed databases and security model for Oracle and SQL Servers.
• Exposure AWS cloud technologies
• Familiar with Cloudera and Hadoop stack
• Exposure to PaaS and IaaS environments
• Liaison Vendor supported applications and environments
• Need hands on Spark, Scala, eclipse, Hive, Impala and Big data technologies
• Should be well versed with GIT or version control technologies
• Experience on Oozie, Hue is very plus
• Exposure to R, SAS and tableau is recommended.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Hadoop administration
Essential Company Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
• Minimum five (3) years’ experience in a delivery or consulting role leading Information Management related initiatives (system integration, data warehouse build, data mart build, or similar) is required
• Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Utilizes solid knowledge of the Project Management Institute's standards and terminology.
• Extensive creativity required across areas of expertise.
• Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills