Application Developer III
Southfield, MI, United States
Date published: 10-Aug-2018
• Works closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions
• These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization's architectural standards.
• Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
• Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations
• Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the Application Development initiative
• Application Developers have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization.
• They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies.
• Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
• Creating or updating technical documentation from functional documentation
• Leading or assisting application solution design
• Creating unit test cases, creating unit test plans, conducting and/or participating in code reviews, and executing unit testing
• Code development, code maintenance, code promotions
• Minimum 5+ years work experience in the following areas:
• Distributed, multi-platform architecture development on high-volume production systems
• Application integration solutions
• Batch solutions
• Relational databases including SQL, Triggers, and stored procedures
• Testing and quality assurance techniques
• Experience in all phases of the SDLC, Production Support
Required Skills: 5+ years of experience
• Understanding of dimensional data models (STAR Schema)
• Design, code, and test Informatica ETLs
• SqlServer, Oracle, SQL Stored Procedures and Triggers.
• SDLC methodology
• Developing and executing test plans
• Code version control
• Written and verbal communication
• Ability to conform with established coding standards
Required Tools: 5+ years of experience
• Sql Server, Oracle, SQL, UNIX, XML
Preferred Knowledge of:
• Java, TWS scheduling,
• CareAdvance Application
• BA degree in Computer Science