Sr. Health Care Analyst
Southfield, MI, United States
Date published: 14-Feb-2018
• The Senior Health Care Analyst is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementing, and leading department assignments for the largest Senior Health Services Accounts (URMBT and MSPERS).
• This position operates within broad objectives to ensure optimum utilization of manpower and budget.
• This role researches, compiles, and analyzes appropriate and relevant data and makes recommendations for operational and tactical improvements.
• Provides audit and analytics support to Medicare Advantage and Senior Health Services team.
• Builds and supports business reports to be included in executive and client dashboards.
• Gathers requirements for Medicare Advantage dashboard and implements the dashboards.
• Maintains the master list of all issues to be addressed for the Key Account clients with the Senior Health Services Team.
• Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
• Possesses and maintains an extensive comprehensive knowledge of BCBSM business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles and methodologies.
• Manages and monitors multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
• Develops lines of communication to discuss and review results of analysis to management via reports and presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
• Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
• Identifies and resolves challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
• Independently develops and plans reports, papers, and/or other materials in a clear and concise manner.
• Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
• Acts as a liaison between Senior Health Services areas and our major clients.
• Participates in group or committee discussions.
• Interacts with Medicare Advantage functional business owners to define measurable metrics and assists them to use the dashboard on a daily basis.
• Supports ongoing maintenance of executive dashboards and related products, applications, and platforms.
• Works with business analysts and operations personnel to automate dashboard functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field
• Master’s degree in a related field is preferred
• Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Continuous learning, as defined by the Company’s learning philosophy, is required.
• Seven years’ experience in a related field, typically in two subject areas (financial analysis, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, systems analysis, or business management)
• Several years’ experience with Star Rating and CAHPS would be preferred
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
• Ability to design and develop Dashboard metrics using Excel, Access, and SAS tools.
• Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal, and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
• Logical thinking to include the analysis of government initiatives and contracts.
• Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
• Strong working knowledge of data languages such as SQL and other data analysis approaches.
• Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectively with employees at all levels.